Minor In Possession of Alcohol or Drugs Will Lose License.

by Gabriel Dorman on May 13, 2009

In California, if you are a minor (under the age of 21) convicted of a criminal offense involving drugs and/or alcohol, you will lose your driver’s license for a period of one year.

Vehicle Code Section 13202 requires the court, upon conviction, to suspend the minor’s driving privilege for one year. If the minor does not yet have a license, the minor’s ability to obtain a license will be suspended for one year.

The following is a list of the most common offenses involving minors requiring a one year license suspension:

Can I Get A Restricted License? Yes. The court has the authority to modify the suspension to a restricted license upon a showing of “critical need.”

Be Sociable, Share!

Previous post:

Next post: